Digital Literacy Week
Interactive Activities & Learning Sessions, May 27 to June 1
Digital Literacy Week celebrates the way technology has changed the way we work, play, learn and teach. Participate in more than 250 free events and workshops for all ages created to showcase the digital and technology programs and services available across Toronto, at libraries, in our schools and online.
Follow #DLweekTO on Twitter and Instagram for information and updates.
Kick-off the week at the free launch event on Monday, May 27 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the North York Central Library, 5120 Yonge Street. Participate to hear local speakers and interact with a mini tech fair.
Digital Literacy Week is a collaboration between the City of Toronto, Toronto Public Library and an innovative and digitally inclusive group of 35 local organizations, including the Toronto District School Board and Toronto Catholic District School Board.
Check out the many digital literacy-themed events and, where necessary, register to attend:
- Toronto Public Library (TPL) will be hosting programs that showcase their digital and technology resources and staff expertise across library branches. TPL’s Digital Literacy week events
- Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB) is hosting over 25 events in 25 schools throughout the Board. The events showcase digital learning, eLearning, coding, STEAM education, 21st Century Learning, digital citizenship and more. TCDSB Digital Literacy Week events
- Toronto District School Board (TDSB) is supporting and celebrating Digital Literacy Week with all kinds of special workshops for students at many schools and special events for parents. Please connect with your local school to learn more.
- CIBC will be hosting a variety of events during the week. Please check with your CIBC branch for further details.
- Markham Public Library will offer family-friendly workshops and activities for all ages. Markham Public Library Digital Literacy Week events
- MetaVRSe is hosting an XR for Business Innovation Workshop on May 27. The presentation includes hands-on demonstrations with Microsoft Hololens and HTC Vive, plus other Augmented Reality applications. Learn more and register for XR for Business workshop
- Northeastern University-Toronto is hosting an introductory workshop on Artificial Intelligence (AI) on May 30. This workshop will introduce the basics of AI, how it is being leveraged and its impact, and will also feature interactive demos. Learn more and register for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- NPower is hosting a workshop on May 31 that will allow participating youth to learn the design thinking process and apply it to solve real-world problems. Learn more and register for Design Thinking for a Digital World
- Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is inviting all ages to try out its Game Jam video games, inspired by the ROM’s collections and created by local game developers. Participate to learn how you can make your own video games from ROM game educators.
- TD Bank is hosting a variety of digital literacy activities throughout the week at its Toronto City Hall and Union Station branches. Everyone is welcome to learn more about technology and banking, at home or on the go.
- TD Bank & CARP is hosting two digital workshops for seniors and retired persons to be held at the Ontario Investment and Trade Centre (250 Yonge Street, 35th floor) on Wednesday, May 29 from 10 – 11:30 a.m. and 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- TD Bank & Woodgreen is hosting three digital workshops for newcomers to Canada. These events will be held at Woodgreen Community Centres along Danforth Avenue. TD & Woodgreen Digital Literacy workshops
- York University Libraries is hosting a wide range of events for students, faculty and the community. York University Libraries Digital Literacy Week events