The Gladstone Hotel - Fly By Night
- Artists: Akshata Naik, Tanya White
- Medium: Installation
- Project Type: Major Institutions
- Neighbourhood: West Queen West
Fly By Night at the Gladstone embodies the unexpected, pushing boundaries within Toronto’s oldest continuously operating hotel.
The Gladstone Hotel
- Address: 1214 Queen St. W.
- Public Washrooms: Yes
- Physical Access: Wheelchair accessible
- Indoors/Outdoors: Indoors
Akshata Naik’s interactive project "Bloody Boats" will fill the Art Bar with hundreds of red paper boats, symbolizing geographical displacement and migration. Over the night, the installation will grow, as visitors are able to contribute boats and stories. Tanya White’s ethereal "lanugo weaves 1 and 2," made of horsehair and invisible yarns, will fill the space with a ghostly presence.