Please Don't Feed the Birds
The City of Toronto is working to improve beach water quality and our water front parks. You can help by not feeding local birds, ducks, geese, gulls or swans.
- Bird poop can be a potential health hazard
- Feeding can attract many birds, resulting in large amounts of bird poop in the grass, sand and water
- Birds that are fed food scraps lose their fear of humans and become aggressive
- Birds that eat food scraps do not get all the nutrients found in their natural diet. As a result, they may be less healthy and become dependent on people.
- Most birds fly south in the winter to find other sources of food. Feeding birds may encourage them to stay here longer and rely on human food to survive.
Please dispose of food scraps in waste containers.