Indicators for Toronto’s COVID-19 monitoring strategy are organized in the following five categories:
- Virus Spread and Containment: COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations, outbreaks in institutions, effective reproductive number, and vaccination coverage in Toronto.
- Equity: Race, income, and neighbourhood based inequities related to case and vaccination rates.
- Laboratory Testing: The percentage of tests that are positive, and the average turnaround time for a test to be completed.
- Health Care System Capacity: Available bed capacity in acute care and ICU beds, and proportion of ICU beds used for COVID-related illness.
- Public Health: Percentage of cases reached and contacts where public health follow-up was initiated within 24 hours.
Please note that the data shown in the Toronto COVID-19 Monitoring Dashboard may differ from other sources, as data are extracted at different times. The data in the charts are subject to change as the public health investigation into reported cases is currently ongoing. Additionally, data definitions are subject to change as the pandemic evolves.
Toronto Public Health’s Monitoring Dashboard is updated weekly on Wednesdays. Vaccination related indicators are updated Monday and Thursday to align with the vaccine reporting, found here.
View the mobile version.