Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Step 1: Online Job Application
If you meet the qualifications, apply online for current, summer and recurring job opportunities. See how to apply for a job online for detailed instructions on how to use TalentFlow.
Step 2: Interview and/or testing
If you’re selected, you’ll be contacted for an interview and/or testing.
- Note the place and time of the interview or test and request accommodation for disability, if required
- Bring a copy of your references names and phone numbers – they will be checked if you’re being considered for hire
- Complete and bring an Eligibility to Work form that will be sent to you before your interview or test
- If it is a temporary position, ask for the start and end dates
- Ask for information about the position, such as work location
Step 3: Verification
If selected, a job offer might be conditional on a:
- reference check
- driver’s licence check
- occupational health assessment
- educational verification
- police reference check
Step 4: Job offer
If you receive a job offer:
- review the written job offer in detail and ask questions before accepting and signing the paperwork
- advise Human Resources if your Social Insurance Number (SIN) begins with the number 9
On your first day of employment bring:
- your Social Insurance Number (SIN) card
- A valid work permit if your SIN begins with the number 9
- Proof of age
- A void cheque
You will receive an orientation for your new position.