How to Apply
Who can Apply
- You must be 14 years of age or older
- You must be eligible to work in Canada
Creating a Profile
You must create a TalentFlow account before you can apply to Recreation jobs. You only need to register once.
- Click on ‘View and apply to Job Opportunities’ at the bottom of the page.
- Click on ‘Not a member, please click here to Register‘.
- Complete all mandatory fields marked with a ‘Required‘ notation.
- Upload a resume by clicking the ‘Browse‘ button and selecting the resume you wish to upload to your profile. Use Word format; do not upload in PDF format.
- Complete the ‘Job Title‘ or ‘Keywords‘ field; to receive email notifications when a job on the Recreation Job Board matches what you input in these fields. Indicate how often you would like to be notified of available jobs.
- Click the ‘Save & View Profile’ button.
- Verify the personal details entered. Input your mailing address and telephone number.
- Indicate your educational and employment history.
- Under Employment Eligibility select ‘Authorized to Work in Canada for any Employer’.
- Input a name for the resume you previously uploaded under ‘Profile Title‘
- Select a ‘Job Stream‘ for the profile (Please note: This is not used for screening; it is a way to categorize your profile)
- Select at least one ‘Core Skill‘ (Please note: This is not used for screening, it is a system required field and therefore at least one skill has to be selected).
- Click on ‘Save & Continue‘.
- Click on ‘Confirm‘.
- For more a detailed ‘Help‘ document, please click on the “Help” link at the top right of the screen.
Applying for a Job
- To view jobs, click on ‘Search Jobs’.
- Click on the job opportunity you wish to apply to.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ button at the top or bottom of the job posting and follow the instructions.
- Complete the Questionnaire, ensuring all mandatory fields marked ‘Required’ are completed.
- Attach your cover letter (you must do this before submitting your application).
- Review your application and click on ‘Submit Application’.
- Complete one application for each position you wish to apply to.
- For more a detailed ‘Help’ document, please click on the Help link at the top right of the screen.
- You will not be able to attach your cover letter after you have clicked the ‘Submit Application’ button.
- Once you click Submit Application, you cannot change your application or re-apply. Review your application and pre-screening questions carefully prior to clicking ‘Submit Application’.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be will be contacted.
- Successful candidates are required to undergo a Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to maintain their contact information (email address, address, phone #, last name etc.) up to date.
- Upload your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word file format. PDF format is not recommended, as it may not upload properly.
- Applications must be completed and submitted prior to 11:59 pm (EST) of the posting closing date.
- In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities is available upon request. If you encounter a problem registering or applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.