October 25, 1999
To: Planning and Transportation Committee
From: City Clerk, Toronto Community Council
Subject: New Practices For The Review of Development Applications
The Toronto Community Council recommends the adoption of Recommendation Nos. 2-10 of the report (June 25,
1999) from the Commissioner of Urban Planning and Development Services.
The Toronto Community Council, on September 14, 1999, had before it a report (July 27, 1999) from the Administrator,
Planning and Transportation Committee, respecting New Practices For The Review Of Development Applications,
referring the report (June 25, 1999) from the Commissioner of Urban Planning and Development Services to the
Community Councils for review and comment back to the Planning and Transportation Committee for its meeting to be
held on October 4, 1999.
During consideration of the foregoing matter, the Toronto Community Council also had before it the following report/communications:
- (August 25, 1999) from the Administrator, Planning and Transportation Committee forwarding comments from
- (September 1, 1999) from Mr. Jim Murphy, Greater Toronto Home Builders Association;
- (September 10, 1999) from Ms. Janice Merson and Mr. Matthias Schlaepfer, Summerhill residents' Association;
- (September 13, 1999) from Mr. Rashmi M. Nathwani, Namara Associates Limited;
- (September 13, 1999) from Ms. Lisa McGee, Bloor-Yorkville B.I.A.; and
- (September 13, 1999) from Mr. David Vallance.
Mr. David Vallance appeared before the Toronto Community Council in connection with the foregoing matter.
The Toronto Community Council's recommendations are noted above.
Toronto Community Council
Frances M. Pritchard/fm
c.: Mr. Paul J. Bedford, Executive Director and Chief Planner, City Planning Division
Acting Commissioner of Urban Planning and Development Services
Mr. Ted Tyndorf, Director of Community Planning, East District, Scarborough Civic Centre