Parks and Environment Committee
|Meeting No.||22||Contact||Dela Ting, Committee Administrator|
Monday, September 16, 2013
Committee Room 1, City Hall
||Chair||Councillor Paul Ainslie|
|2014 Service Level Review|
The Parks and Environment Committee referred the following motions to the Budget Committee, the City Manager, the Deputy City Manager and Chief Financial Officer for consideration as part of the 2014 Budget Process:
1. That City Council direct that the following service standards be added to the Parks and Forestry Divisions and direct the Deputy City Manager and Chief Financial Officer to include the necessary resources in the 2014 recommended budget:
a. return to the 2012 weekly and bi-weekly service standards for parks and identify parks with morst regular weekend activity for community and sports and incude costs which would cover staff availability on weekends.
b. the provision and maintenance of daily animal care and feeding (including washing, disinfecting compounds and wholesome foods) at the animal attractions at both Riverdale Farm and High Park Zoo.
c. thirty (30) playground replacements per year.
d. the establishment of a three-month service standard for tree pruning in 2014.
e. restoration of eighty (80) yearly rejuvenation projects in horticulture.
|Decision Advice and Other Information|
The following made presentations to the Parks and Environment Committee:
- Deputy City Manager and Chief Financial Officer on the Overview of the Service Level Review;
- General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation on Parks and Urban Forestry;
- Chief Corporate Officer on the Environment and Energy Office.
City Council on July 16, 17, 18 and 19, 2013, in adopting Item EX33.29, approved the review of divisional service levels and activities for City Programs at appropriate Standing Committees in September 2013 (http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.EX33.29).
Staff will make presentations to the Parks and Environment Committee on the following:
- Parks and Urban Forestry;
- Environment and Energy Office
|(September 16, 2013) Presentation from Deputy City Manager and Chief Financial Officer - Overview Service Level Review
(September 16, 2013) Presentation from General Manager, Parks, Forestry and Recreation - Cluster A - 2013 Service Level Review - Parks and Urban Forestry (PFR)
(September 16, 2013) Presentation from Director, Environment and Energy Office - Environment and Energy Office Service Level Review
|(September 16, 2013) E-mail from Tim Maguire, President, CUPE Local 79 (PE.New.PE22.2.1)
Tim Maguire, President, CUPE Local 79