Community Projects and Events
The City of Toronto provides two streams of one-time funding that support community groups and organizations to build vibrant, equitable, inclusive and safe communities.
We are currently accepting Letter of Intent applications for the 2018 cycle of Community Projects and Events funding through our online application portal.
Key Dates and Deadlines for 2018
- January 8: Projects and Events Grant Launch
- February 2: Letter of Intent deadline
- February 23: Invitations for full proposals
- March 9: Full proposals due
- May 28: Notification to successful applicants
- June 7: Funding term begins
Community Projects Grant Stream
We provide one-time fundng for short-term projects to develop products, tools and resources that are grounded in the experience of residents, encourage the sharing of community knowledge, and/or increase the impact of the community services sector.
- One-time funding is available for projects beginning after June 7, 2018 and ending by May 31, 2019.
- Activities that were funded through the previous grant programs may be eligible under this new grant stream. Former grants: Access, Equity and Human Rights – AEHR; Community Safety Investment – CSI.
- Applicants are encouraged to request the amount of money they need to complete their project. There are no minimums or maximums set for this granting stream.
Community Events Grant Stream
We provide one-time funding for community activities and events that support Torontonians to connect, learn and act to improve their wellbeing, neighbourhoods, and communities.
- One-time funding of $5,000 – $10,000 is available for activities beginning after June 7, 2018 and ending by May 31, 2019.
- Activities that were funded through the previous grant programs may be eligible under this new grant stream. Former grants: Community Festivals and Community Recreation.
- Grassroots groups and organizations with annual operating budgets of less than $500,000 will be prioritized for funding.
We’re Here to Help!
City staff are available to support the development of your project, event and proposal. Dates for Information and Drop-In Sessions are included in the 2018 Grant Guidelines and below. We are also available via phone at 416-392-0102 or email at Jennifer.Hoffman@toronto.ca
Learn about the Projects and Events granting programs and ask questions about your idea.
- Scarborough Civic Centre: January 16, 2:30 – 5 p.m.
- North York Civic Centre: January 17, 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. (noon)
- Toronto City Hall, Committee Room #3: January 23, 7 – 9 p.m.
- Etobicoke Civic Centre, Meeting Room # 1: January 24, 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. (noon)
Get direct feedback and assistance on your application from City staff.
- Toronto City Hall: January 29, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Applicant support may also be given over the phone on January 29th or at any point during the application process. Please email Jennifer.Hoffman@Toronto.ca to secure an in-person or over the phone time slot.