Outdoor Marketing Stalls in North York
Businesses can apply for an outdoor marketing display to showcase merchandise on the sidewalk in front of their business. The merchandise sold inside and outside must be the same.
Who Can Apply
Individuals, partnerships and corporations.
How To Apply
Apply in person at the North York District, located in the North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St, 2nd floor.
If the applicant is an agent of the business owner, a letter signed by the owner, authorizing the agent to act on the owner’s behalf is required.
Please provide identification documents of the owner/agent of business.
Provide a copy of the City of Toronto business license (in good standing).
Provide a certificate of insurance evidencing a third party bodily injury and property damage insurance in an amount of $2,000,000.
City of Toronto must be added as an additional insured party under the policy.
Diagram of Outdoor Marketing Stall
Applicants must submit a diagram of what the business owner is proposing, for example, display case or awning.
$9.51 per square metre x months operating, plus HST
If there is an awning:
$4.25 per square metre.
What Happens After You Apply
The application process will take a minimum of 12 weeks.
- The application is circulated to city divisions and utility companies for comment
- A report is drafted and the application is considered by Community Council
Should the Application be Approved:
- Applicant must enter into encroachment agreement with the City
- Additional legal fees may be charged
- Pay an annual fee to the City for the use of road allowance and comply with any conditions the City may impose
- Obtain a construction/street occupation permit prior to the start of any construction
- Remove the temporary marketing enclosure and all its components no later than November 1 of each year