Permit to Sell Fireworks From Parking Lots or Other Temporary Retail Locations
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Businesses that sell fireworks from a temporary mobile location, such as a trailer in a parking lot, are required to obtain a licence.
Individuals, partnerships or corporations.
Apply in person at the Licence and Permit Issuing Office at East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave., 3rd floor.
Original documents are required for all applications and renewal transactions.
Include two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian Passport (Photo ID)
- Driver’s Licence (Photo ID)
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- SIN Card (Social Insurance Number)
- valid Work Permit
Note: first and last names must match on all identification. We do not accept Health Cards.
Corporations and partnerships must have the following in order to apply:
- a business location/address
- a copy of provincial business name registration or signed franchise agreement
- a partnership agreement
- a copy of Articles of Incorporation (Note: If there has been a change to the list of officers and directors, please also provide a current Corporate Profile Report)
If the president, director or officer of the corporation are unable to apply in person at the Licence & Permit Issuing Office, a designate may apply on their behalf. The designate must:
- have an original letter advising of their signing authority on the corporation letterhead
- provide two pieces of identification for themselves
- provide two pieces of identification for each officer and director of the corporation, or, if original identification is not available, notarized photocopies of the identification
Applicants must provide an original criminal record/background check issued by a Canadian Police Service within 280 days prior to the application.
Minimum insurance requirements vary depending on the type of fireworks being sold:
- family fireworks – $2,000,000 CGL insurance
- display and theatrical fireworks – $5,000,000 CGL insurance
Applicants must provide proof of insurance.
A form certificate will be provided at time of application for your insurance provider to complete.
Completed forms that are signed and stamped by the insurer can be returned by fax or email directly from the insurer.
Must be at least 18 years of age
A letter advising the property owner gives permission for fireworks to be sold on the property.
A sketch of the property and where fireworks will be sold.