Outdoor Marketing Stalls in North York
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Businesses can apply for an outdoor marketing display to showcase merchandise on the sidewalk in front of their business. The merchandise sold inside and outside must be the same.
Individuals, partnerships and corporations.
Apply in person at the North York District, located in the North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge St, 3rd floor.
If the applicant is an agent of the business owner, a letter signed by the owner, authorizing the agent to act on the owner’s behalf is required.
$9.51 per square metre x months operating, plus HST
If there is an awning:
$4.25 per square metre.
Provide a certificate of insurance evidencing a third party bodily injury and property damage insurance in an amount of $2,000,000.
City of Toronto must be added as an additional insured party under the policy.
The application process will take a minimum of 12 weeks.
- The application is circulated to city divisions and utility companies for comment
- A report is drafted and the application is considered by Community Council
Should the Application be Approved:
- Applicant must enter into encroachment agreement with the City
- Additional legal fees may be charged
- Pay an annual fee to the City for the use of road allowance and comply with any conditions the City may impose
- Obtain a construction/street occupation permit prior to the start of any construction
- Remove the temporary marketing enclosure and all its components no later than November 1st of each year