Second Hand Salvage Yard
Businesses that have outdoor storage of scrap metal, vehicles and tires for sale.
Individuals, partnerships or corporations
Apply in person at the Licence & Permit Issuing Office at East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell, 3rd floor.
Original documents required for all applications and renewal transactions).
Two pieces of government-issued identification (one must be photo ID):
- Canadian Passport photo ID)
- Driver’s Licence (photo ID)
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- SIN Card (Social Insurance Number)
- Valid Work Permit
Criminal Records/Background Check
- Issued within the last 280 days
- First and last names must match on all identification
- We do not accept Health Cards
Partnerships and corporations must also provide the following:
- a business location/address;
- a copy of provincial business name registration or signed franchise agreement; and
- a partnership agreement
- a copy of Articles of Incorporation (Note: If there has been a change to the list of officers and directors, please also provide a current Corporate Profile Report.)
If the president, director or officer of the corporation are unable to apply in person at the Licence & Permit Issuing Office, a designate may apply on their behalf. The designate must:
- have an original letter advising of their signing authority on the corporation letterhead;
- provide two pieces of identification for themselves; and
- provide two pieces of identification for each officer and director of the corporation, or, if original identification is not available, notarized photocopies of the identification.
Applicants must provide an original criminal record/ background check issued by a Canadian Police Service within 280 days prior to the application.
A register of goods received book will be provided at time of application.
Zoning approval is required for the majority of new business licence applications. For those businesses in which zoning approval is required, staff will initiate the approval process after the application is received.
Zoning approval is not required if an applicant it taking over an existing business that has a valid business licence or is expired less than one year prior. A signed lease agreement or proof or property ownership is required.
Your licence will expire annually on the anniversary of the date that the licence was first issued.
The renewal fee is $308.99
A renewal notice, identifying any documents required to renew the licence, will be mailed to the address on file.
Payments received after the licence expiry date are subject to late fees in addition to the annual licence fee.
If you fail to renew your licence within 90 days of the specified renewal date, your licence will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.