Pedestrian Wayfinding Map Features
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Different Information Needs
Wayfinding users have differing information needs that are best met through a variety of products such as printed maps, signs, web-based maps and digital applications. Underlying all of these products is clear and consistent wayfinding information.
TO360 Map Features
The map features include (see graphic right):
- Common district names
- Easily readable ‘sans serif’ fonts
- ‘You are here’ with 5 minute walk circle
- 2D illustrations for landmark buildings
- ‘Hand-offs’ to other wayfinding systems
- Parks and ravines wayfinding information
- Shaded color for important destinations
- Cycle wayfinding information
- Transit system wayfinding information
- Historic and cultural landmarks