Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Union Station’s revitalization is a multi-year project, with substantial completion targeted for year-end 2018.
During Stage 1, the City is planning to complete base building of the retail concourse beneath the York and VIA Concourses. The space will then be turned over to the Station’s head lessee. Many vendors will occupy the retail concourse. The following are projected to be completed during Stages 2 and 3:
- Bay Concourse structures (Q4 2017)
- Bay Concourse finishes (Q2 2017 to Q1 2018)
- Moat covers (Q4 2017 to Q2 2018)
- Great Hall restoration (now to Q1 2018)
- VIA Concourse (now to Q1 2018)
- Bay and York moat covers (Q2 to Q3 2018)
Estimated substantial completion of Stages 2 & 3 construction is the end of 2018.
- Commence excavation (“dig down”) under the York concourse, VIA concourse and part of the Bay concourse.
- Commence upgrades to mechanical and electrical systems.
- Commence restoration work on the exterior façade.
- Completion of:
- Bay and York teamways within the viaduct structure
- loading dock
- VIA elements: Panorama Lounge, baggage handling system
- two new bike stations
- GO York Concourse
- lower retail level on west side
- Northwest PATH – Phase 1
- Exterior heritage façade restoration (including the roof of the West and East Wings and Centre Block)
- Great Hall Ticket offices + East Concourse office
- Heritage washrooms
- Structural support column replacement, and electrical and mechanical systems
- Continue with “dig down” under the Bay concourse and construction of the new concourse.
- Construction of a retail level below the Bay concourse (part of the future Bay promenade).
- Restoration of VIA concourse, Front Street West moat, York Street moat and installation of moat covers.
- Continuation of the restoration/repair of the exterior façade and initiate work within the Great Hall.
- Renovation of the first floor of the East Wing.
- Multi-phased “dig down” below the East Wing for the completion of the Bay promenade retail level.
- Completion of the repair/restoration of the Great Hall and the exterior façade.
- Reconstruction of the Front Street East moat and installation of a moat cover, including removal of the steps down to the TTC.
- Restoration of Bay and York street moats and installation of moat covers.