Energy Efficiency Incentives
Through the High Performance New Construction Program, incentives are available to help building owners and design / decision-makers offset the cost of making buildings more energy efficient. Buildings generate about half of the greenhouse gas emissions GHG in Toronto today.
Key Benefits of Energy Efficient Buildings
- Lower operating costs.
- Improved marketability.
- Increased occupant comfort.
- A reduction in the GHG emissions that contribute to climate change.
Incentives for business owners
- Up to $10,000 for modelling costs.
- Up to $800 per kilowatt of verified savings (or $0.10/kWh).
Incentives for design / decision-makers (architects, engineers, consultants)
- up to $150/kilowatt of verified savings (or $0.01875/kWh)
Eligible buildings include those intended for commercial, institutional, industrial or multi-residential occupancy, including:
- new buildings
- additions to an existing facility
- major renovation projects
- retail spaces
- schools, colleges and universities
- hospitals, long-term care facilities
- hotels, motels and agricultural building projects
Construction must be complete and comply with Part 3 of the Ontario Building Code, and the building must be fully operational and delivering kW and/or kWh savings on or before December 31, 2020.
To learn more and/or apply, please email the New Construction Team.