Energy Efficiency Incentives – New Construction
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Through the High Performance New Construction Program, incentives are available to help building owners and design / decision-makers offset the cost of making buildings more energy efficient. Buildings generate about half of the greenhouse gas emissions GHG in Toronto today.
Key Benefits of Energy Efficient Buildings
- Lower operating costs.
- Improved marketability.
- Increased occupant comfort.
- A reduction in the GHG emissions that contribute to climate change.
Incentives for business owners
- Up to $10,000 for modelling costs.
- Up to $800 per kilowatt of verified savings (or $0.10/kWh).
Incentives for design / decision-makers (architects, engineers, consultants)
- up to $150/kilowatt of verified savings (or $0.01875/kWh)
Eligible buildings include those intended for commercial, institutional, industrial or multi-residential occupancy, including:
- new buildings
- additions to an existing facility
- major renovation projects
- retail spaces
- schools, colleges and universities
- hospitals, long-term care facilities
- hotels, motels and agricultural building projects
Construction must be complete and comply with Part 3 of the Ontario Building Code, and the building must be fully operational and delivering kW and/or kWh savings on or before December 31, 2020.
To learn more and/or apply, please email the New Construction Team.