Economic Development Committee
|Meeting No.||24||Contact||Dela Ting, Committee Administrator|
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Committee Room 1, City Hall
||Chair||Councillor Michael Thompson|
|2014 Service Level Review|
The Economic Development Committee:
1. Referred the following recommendation to the Budget Committee, the City Manager and the Deputy City Manager and Chief Financial Officer for consideration as part of the 2014 Budget Process:
- That the City of Toronto Arts and Culture Service level be increased to the annual level for 2014, as set out in the presentation from the General Manager, Economic Development and Culture.
2. Referred the communication (September 17, 2013) submitted by Karen Gilmour to the Executive Director, Social Development Finance and Administration and General Manager, Toronto Employment and Social Services, for their consideration and review.
|Decision Advice and Other Information|
The following gave presentations to the Economic Development Committee:
Deputy City Manager, Cluster A - 2013 Service Level Review;
Deputy City Manager and Chief Financial Officer, Cluster B - Overview Service Level Review;
General Manager, Economic Development and Culture;
Executive Director, Social Development, Finance and Administration; and
General Manager, Toronto Employment and Social Services.
City Council on July 16, 17, 18 and 19, 2013, in adopting Item EX33.29, approved the review of divisional service levels and activities for City Programs at appropriate Standing Committees in September 2013 (http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.EX33.29).
Staff will make presentations to the Economic Development Committee on the following:
- Economic Development and Culture;
- Social Development, Finance and Administration Division;
- Toronto Employment and Social Services
|(September 17, 2013) Presentation from Deputy City Manager and Chief Financial Officer - Overview Service Level Review
(September 17, 2013) Presentation from Deputy City Manager, Cluster A - 2013 Service Level Review
|(September 17, 2013) Submission from Karen Gilmour (ED.New.ED24.11.1)
(September 17, 2013) Letter from Tim Maguire, President, CUPE Local 79 (ED.New.ED24.11.2)
Tim Maguire, President, CUPE Local 79 (Submission Filed)