SAP Ariba – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Ariba Network?
The Ariba Network is a cloud-based business-to-business marketplace where buyers and suppliers can find each other and do business within a single networked platform. SAP Ariba solutions will allow the City to collect bids and proposals online from potential vendors/suppliers and reduce the amount of time to evaluate that bid or proposal, allowing the City to award the contract faster.
Why is the City of Toronto implementing SAP Ariba?
The City of Toronto is undergoing a broad supply chain transformation that will modernize the City’s business processes, in turn improving the service we provide to you and, ultimately, making it easier for you to do business with the City. The first step in this transformation is to roll out the Sourcing and Contract functionality of SAP Ariba. The City expects to see improvements in the procurement process by:
- Improving the number of bids on a Solicitation
- Reducing the risk of non-compliant bids
- Improving evaluation time for bids to award contracts faster
- Improving visibility and reporting on the overall process
Other changes that leverage the Ariba Network, such as Procure-to-Pay (which includes the purchase order and invoicing processes) are planned for 2019.
Do I have to register with the Ariba Network?
Yes. All vendors and suppliers wishing to do business with the City of Toronto will need to be registered on the Ariba Network.
Will I need to pay fees to conduct business on the Ariba Network?
For the purposes of sourcing (i.e., responding to published Solicitations and submitting bids or proposals), as well as for contract management, no fees will by incurred by vendors. This may not be the case once Procure-to-Pay (P2P) functions are automated in 2019, which includes the purchase order and invoicing processes. These P2P-related fees are expected to apply to PO spend and the volume of transactions transmitted. We will provide you with more information on potential fees in the coming months.
What's in it for me? How do I benefit?
Using SAP Ariba, procurement processes are automated and visible, making them more transparent and efficient. You will also see greater standardization in the way that procurement documents are formatted and written, which will simplify your interactions with the City. Other benefits include:
- SAP Ariba is a cloud-based solution, accessible anywhere the internet is available
- E-bidding saves time and money by eliminating the need to drop off paper copies
- SAP Ariba allows you to build your submission from the time of posting to the time of closing by providing you with a workspace to save your work
- SAP Ariba has a robust notification function. Once you have identified your intention to participate in an event, notifications will be sent automatically when addendums are issued, competitions are extended or cancelled and for other related information
- You will have a consolidated view of all opportunities you are intending to participate in or in which you have already participated
- You will gain access to other procurement opportunities within the Ariba Discovery Network. This is a global network that allows you to search opportunities from SAP Ariba’s other customer organizations. Note: There may be costs involved to respond to opportunities with other organizations on this network
- You can tailor your supplier profile so that you are notified of upcoming opportunities in categories of interest
How do I sign up?
As a vendor/supplier for the City of Toronto, the first step you need to undertake to participate in new Solicitations posted on the Ariba Network is to register your company on the Ariba Network, identifying your interest in “City of Toronto Business.”
Registering on the Ariba Network is easy. Simply go to the City of Toronto Registration page and select “Login” if you are already an SAP Ariba User, or complete the information to register.
In order to bid on any City of Toronto Solicitations that are posted through SAP Ariba, you will need to register.
More Frequently Asked Questions
If you need help with City of Toronto Bids, please contact: email@example.com. Depending on the nature of your request, it’s possible you may be redirected to SAP Ariba – SAP Ariba technical support.
To contact the Ariba help desk directly for technical support, call:
- Canada Toll Free: 1-866-218-2155