Moorevale Park Revitalization
Moorevale Park and its fieldhouse will be undergoing renovations.
Moorevale Park Background
Located in the Moore Park District of Toronto, this community park has a wide range of facilities including tennis courts, lawn bowling courts, wading pool, ball diamond and a playground.
The west side of the park has a large number of mature oak trees. Existing amenities include public washrooms, asphalt pathways, natural stone staircases, benches and picnic tables.
Renovations to the Fieldhouse include interior and exterior renovations and the creation of a new multi-purpose community space.
Work also includes barrier-free accessibility upgrades to the entrances and washrooms.
The scope of the parkland includes reconstruction of the playground, making it compliant with current Canadian Safety Association (CSA) guidelines.
The existing wading pool will be converted into a splash pad.
A new patio area will be constructed around the existing fieldhouse.
The scope also includes replacing the tennis court fencing, reconstructing the pathways and adding new pathways with additional park benches and upgrading the ball diamond.
Park Renovations are scheduled to be completed in two stages:
- Wading pool conversion to a splash pad
- Playground revitalization
- Upgraded pathways on the east side of the park
- New patio around the perimeter of the fieldhouse
- New tennis court fencing
- New pathways and seating areas on the south and east side of tennis courts
- Upgrades to the ball diamond
The scope of work per stage is subject to change.
- Construction starts: March 2019
- Construction completion: fall 2019, weather permitting and no unforeseen site conditions
- Construction starts: fall 2019
- Construction completion: spring 2020, weather permitting and no unforeseen site conditions
- Construction starts: fall 2020
- Construction completion: spring 2021, weather permitting and no unforeseen site conditions
The design for the fieldhouse was developed incorporating feedback from the members of the Moorevale Tennis & Lawn Bowling Club and the Residents Association in 2017 and 2018.
The design for the park revitalization was developed incorporating feedback from the community during public meetings that were held in November 2015 and March 2016.