Job Summary: To assist, plan, organize and lead instructional sports programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assists in the planning, organizing and leading of instructional sports programs.
- Assists instructor in ensuring the facility, equipment and supplies are in safe and working condition.
- Stores equipment in a safe and secure location.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Experience working with appropriate age group.
- Technical knowledge in the designated sport.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.