Job Summary: To monitor recreational or drop-in sports programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Monitors recreational or drop-in sports programs.
- Monitors participants and ensures safe and cooperative play throughout program.
- Assists in tournaments and special events.
- Ensures set-up and take-down of all equipment required for the program.
- Ensures that the program locations, equipment and supplies meet health and safety standards.
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Conflict resolution skills or training.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.