Sports Organizer TR0105
Job Summary: To organize and lead structured recreational or drop-in sports programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Organizes and lead structured recreational or drop-in sports programs.
- Monitors participants and ensures safe and cooperative play throughout program.
- Officiates sports programs.
- Ensures set-up and take-down of all equipment for the program.
- Schedules mini-tournaments.
- Ensures equipment and supplies meet health and safety standards.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Experience in planning, organizing and leading structured recreational sports programs.
- Technical knowledge and experience of the rules, regulations and plays of individual recreational sports.
- Technical experience in the designated sport.
- Officiating certification would be an asset.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.