Sports Instructor TR0106
Job Summary: To plan, organize and lead instructional sports programs.
Specialty Area: Basketball, Ball Hockey, Volleyball, Badminton, Soccer, Table Tennis, In-line Skating, Skateboarding, etc. Note: You must indicate your area of expertise to be considered for this position.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes and leads instructional sports programs.
- Evaluates participants and completes progress reports.
- Stores equipment in a safe and secure location.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Interact with staff, parents and participants to provide program information.
- Develops and prepares an individual or team for competition.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Ensures that program facilities, equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Significant experience working with the appropriate age group.
- Experience and expertise as a participant and/or assistant instructor in the sport.
- Must have Multisport A, Level 1 technical, community coach technical or instructional technical certification or other equivalent provincially or nationally recognized sport-specific accreditation.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.