Job Summary: To coordinate and oversee an instructional sport program or activity.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Coordinate and oversee an instructional sport program or activity.
- Ensures the delivery of the sport programs.
- Assists in the selecting, training, directing and evaluating of part time staff and volunteers.
- Prepares and submits final report which includes evaluation, statistics and recommendations.
- Interacts with staff, parents and participants to provide program information.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Provides on-site coordination and guidance to staff.
- Ensures that program facilities, equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Knowledge of sports & sports specific injury management/prevention.
- Must have Multisport A, Level 1 technical, community coach technical or instructional technical certification or other equivalent provincially or nationally recognized sport-specific accreditation.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.