Job Summary: To support the overall planning, coordination, implementation and administration of multiple sports programs and or at a variety of locations.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, computer, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Supports the overall planning, coordination, implementation and administration of multiple sports programs and or at a variety of locations.
- Ensures the delivery of sports programs.
- Assist in the selecting, training, directing and evaluating of part-time staff.
- Conducts program and site visits.
- Ensures that all program/facility staff levels are secured.
- Ensures that the program locations, equipment and supplies meet health and safety standards.
- Interacts with staff, participants, spectators and other community members to provide program information.
- Assists and promotes sports programs.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Prepares and submits final report which includes evaluation, statistics and recommendations.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Formal training and skills related to specific area of sport instruction (i.e. NCCP) would be an asset.
- Previous experience directing staff working in a sports program.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position. (i.e. CLASS Program Registration)
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.