Job Summary: To coordinate the convening of a City-wide sports league/tournament.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Coordinates the convening of a City-wide sports league/tournament.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program, including league statistics, league rules, and promotion of league scheduling.
- Orders, distributes and controls inventory of program equipment and supplies.
- Assigns schedules and monitors Referees and Scorekeepers.
- Coordinates league meetings and information sessions.
- Reviews and updates sport governing rules.
- Prepares and submits final report which includes evaluation, statistics and recommendations.
- Maintains records of team rosters including eligibility, and coach / trainer certifications.
- Assists in the selecting, training, directing and evaluating of part time staff.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Previous experience organizing multi-team sports events or programs including tournaments and leagues.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position. (i.e. CLASS Program Registration & Point of Sale)
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.