Job Summary: To plan, organize and lead specialized instructional sports programs. Specialty Areas: Tennis, Golf, Gymnastics, Martial Arts, etc.
NOTE: YOU MUST INDICATE YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes and leads specialized instructional sports programs.
- Evaluates participants and completes progress reports.
- Stores equipment in a safe and secure location.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Interacts with staff, parents and participants to provide program information.
- Develops and prepares an individual or team for competition.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Ensures that program facilities, equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Significant experience instructing in the designated sport.
- Significant experience working with the appropriate age group.
- Must have fully certified NCCP Level 1 or other equivalent provincially or nationally recognized sport-specific accreditation.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.