Administrative Assistant TR0112
Job Summary: To provide administrative support to a Unit.
Machines and Equipment Used: Various office equipment, first aid kit.
Season(s): As required
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides administrative support to a Unit.
- Answers inquiries by phone, email or in person and follows up.
- Opens prioritizes, reproduces or distributes mail.
- Sets up and maintains recording, filing/retrieval systems.
- Prepares, maintains and processes documents.
- Determines and corrects errors. Utilizes layout and formatting.
- Maintains membership, chit and locker accounts.
- Prepares contracts/invoices and calculates reimbursements and pro-rated memberships.
- Develops and maintains city-wide directories electronically, in print, and within registration systems.
- Maintains budget records and submits petty cash, requisitions, mileage forms and timesheets.
- Ensures deposits balance.
- Researches, extracts and consolidates information. Interprets information and resolves concerns.
- Prepares correspondence and reports for Branch Staff.
- Proofs, updates, edits and publicizes various promotions and communications information.
- Participates on committees and coordinates projects.
- Develops, organizes and attends job fairs, training sessions and documentation sessions.
- Interacts with staff, committees, agencies and/or representatives of Secondary Schools, Colleges and Universities to provide program information.
- Coordinates meeting rooms, bookings and special requirements for meetings and rentals.
- Attends meetings, takes and transcribes minutes.
- Orders and maintains supplies.
- Knowledge of part time recreation worker positions in Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, GroupWise.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.