Curling Assistant Ice Technician/Facility Operator TR0116
Job Summary: To assist in the maintenance of the building and operation of the ice maintenance for the curling rink.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cleaning, maintenance and ice making equipment.
Season(s): Fall, Winter
District(s): Toronto and East York District (Leaside Curling Club, East York Curling Club) District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assist in the maintenance of the building and operation of the ice maintenance for the curling rink.
- Prepares ice surface for curling (i.e. scraping, shaving, pebbling and sweeping).
- Monitors and records ice information.
- Cleans the surrounding areas (i.e. vacuuming, washing windows, club brushes, waste removal, etc.).
- Notifies supervisor of any problems concerning electrical, plumbing, and mechanical failure.
- Inspects, maintains and cleans facility.
- Ensures sidewalks and entrances are maintained in a safe manner (i.e. shovelled and salted during the winter season; stairs and floors kept dry).
- Conducts regular facility checks to provide security.
- Reports all incidents and accidents to senior staff and uses the appropriate incident forms.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Records all pertinent information in the communication logs.
- Interacts with members and the public to provide program information.
- Assists in special event setup.
- Assists bartenders.
- On ice experience, min 1 year
- Experience operating some curling equipment
- Level One Ice Technician Certificate an asset
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.