Bartender-Curling Club TR0117
Job Summary: To support all aspects of the bar operation in the curling club.
Machines and Equipment Used: Bar and snack service equipment, cash register.
Season(s): Fall, Winter
District(s): Toronto and East York District (Leaside Curling Club, East York Curling Club) District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Supports all aspects of the bar operation in the curling club.
- Provides bar service to members and guests.
- Implements responsible alcohol service.
- Clears and cleans tables.
- Identifies potential problems and intervenes, when necessary.
- Performs set-up and take down activities of bar and snack areas.
- Ensures proper cleaning of the bar area at the end of each shift (i.e. sanitizes counters, pop machine, glass washer, draft area).
- Balances cash at the end of the shift.
- Uses chit system.
- Communicates with rentals and receive payment for ice.
- Checks function sheet.
- Informs Bar Manager of supply needs for the bar/snack areas.
- Reports all incidents/accidents using the appropriate forms.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Records pertinent information in the communication logs.
- Interacts with members and the public to provide information on the operation.
- Secures the building at the end of a shift.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Experience in POS and cash handling procedures
- Must possess Smart Serve certificate
- Must have bartending course or related experience
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.