Head Ice Technician/Facility Operator Curling Rinks TR0118
Job Summary: To oversee and maintain the curling facility in the areas of ice maintenance, housekeeping, building and grounds maintenance and the operation and repair of mechanical equipment to ensure the safe operation of the curling club.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cleaning, maintenance and ice making equipment.
Season(s): Fall, Winter
District(s): Toronto and East York District (Leaside Curling Club, East York Curling Club) District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees and maintains the curling facility in the areas of ice maintenance, housekeeping, building and grounds maintenance and the operation and repair of mechanical equipment to ensure the safe operation of the curling club.
- Performs ice making and maintenance duties.
- Ensures quality ice surface and a safe curling rink environment is maintained for patrons.
- Conducts annual start up activities, maintenance and ice making operations (i.e. servicing the refrigeration plant, sanding and levelling floors and pipe repairs flooding, ice painting, line installation, circle scribing and painting).
- Shaves, pebbles, and sweeps the ice areas.
- Cleans, grooms and wet vacuums.
- Plans and implements ice maintenance program.
- Monitors to ensure maintenance and ice making standards are maintained and adjustments are made.
- Oversees the plant shutdown operations.
- Adheres to all policy and safety guidelines as outlined in policy and procedure manuals.
- Keeps curling Club Manager inform on all aspects of the facility/maintenance operation.
- Minimum 3 years ice experience
- Experience in equipment inventory tracking and general repairs as asset
- Experience operating all types of curling equipment - scraper, burner, etc.
- Leadership skills and scheduling experience an asset
- Ice Technician Certification Level 2 or 3
- Basic Refrigeration Certification
- WHIMIS certification
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.