Head Bartender-Curling Club TR0119
Job Summary: To oversee all the aspects of the bar operation in the curling club.
Machines and Equipment Used: Bar and snack service equipment and cash register.
Season(s): Fall, Winter
District(s): Toronto and East York District (Leaside Curling Club, East York Curling Club) District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees all aspects of the bar operation in the curling club.
- Conducts inventory and orders supplies for the bar.
- Trains bar staff.
- Prepares shift schedules and provides to Club Manager for approval.
- Provides bar service to members and guests.
- Implements responsible alcohol service.
- Prepares cash register and monies for operation.
- Balances cash at the end of shift.
- Clears and cleans tables.
- Identifies potential problems and intervenes.
- Performs set-up and take down activities of bar and snack area.
- Ensures proper cleaning of the bar area at the end of each shift (i.e. sanitizes, counters, pop machine, glass washer, draft area, etc.).
- Uses chit system.
- Communicates with rentals and receives payment for ice.
- Checks function sheet.
- Informs Club Manager of supply needs for the bar/snack area.
- Takes action to deal with incident, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Records pertinent information in the communication logs.
- Interacts with members and the public to provide information on the operation.
- Secures the building at the end of a shift.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Experience in inventory management
- Experience in POS and cash handling procedures
- Food and beverage knowledge
- Must possess Smart Serve certificate
- Must have bartending course or related experience
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.