Community Youth Leader TR0130
Job Summary: To plan, organize, and lead youth recreational programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes and leads youth recreational programs suitable for youth registered in subscriber programs.
- Follows the principles of healthy youth development in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Provides instruction that will guide the youth's development in the specified recreational activity.
- Ensures the necessary equipment and supplies are available and operational prior to the start of the program and that equipment is returned to proper storage area at the end of the program.
- Maintains attendance records.
- Supervises participants in the program and provides feedback.
- Assists in the evaluation and promotion of the program.
- Interacts with participants, parents, staff and the public to provide program information.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in all meetings and training sessions.
- Reports for duty wearing the proper uniform and is ready to work when the shift starts.
- Experience working with youth populations representing the range of diverse communities in the City of Toronto.
- Knowledge of and experience working with diverse communities and equity-seeking groups (ie Women, People with Disabilities, GLBT, Race and Ethnic groups and Aboriginal).
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.