Community Youth Supervisor TR0131
Job Summary: To plan, organize, administer and lead drop in youth recreational programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- To plan, organize, implement and lead drop in youth recreational programs.
- Follows the principles of healthy youth development in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Assists in the selection, training, oversight and evaluation of staff.
- Directs and oversees programs and staff at one site.
- Ensures that all equipment and supplies are available and meet safety standards.
- Assists with the set up and tear down of the program area.
- Maintains attendance records.
- Assists in the evaluation and promotion of the program.
- Plans and implements special events.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Interacts with participants, parents, staff and the public to provide program information.
- Adheres to all policy and safety guidelines as outlined in Policy and Procedure manuals.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Experience working with youth populations representing the range of diverse communities in the City of Toronto.
- Conflict Resolution Training.
- Knowledge of and experience working with diverse communities and equity-seeking groups (Women, People with Disabilities, GLBT, Race and Ethnic groups and Aboriginal).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Experience in supervision of staff.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.