Job Summary: To provide planning, coordination and instructional delivery of the Leader in Training Program.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, various office and recreation equipment.
District(s): North District Only District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, organizes and conducts theoretical and practical components of the Leader In Training Program.
- Carries out an active program which encourages youth development and lifestyle and leadership skills.
- Ensures equipment and supplies are available and meet safety standards.
- Supervises and evaluates participants in program.
- Maintains attendance records.
- Interacts with participants, parents, staff and public to provide program information.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and complies with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience working with youth populations representing the range of diverse communities in the City of Toronto.
- Conflict Resolution Training.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.