Job Summary: To ensure a safe aquatic environment for wading pool and splash pad patrons through supervision, accident prevention, public education, and public relations.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, pool testing kit, rescue and recreation equipment.
District(s): All Districts District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Ensures a safe aquatic environment for wading pool and splash pad patrons through supervision, accident prevention, public education, and public relations.
- Ensures compliance with Ministry of Health Guidelines for Public Wading Pools and all relevant legislation and policy and procedures manuals.
- Ensures that the appropriate equipment is in place and operational and that the equipment is stored away after use.
- Executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
- Monitors and controls access to the program.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program and keeps daily logs.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Interacts with the public and staff to provide program information. Promotes activities/events.
- Takes appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Performs pool and facility maintenance. (i.e. adds appropriate chemicals (adhering to WHMIS Guidelines), filling, draining, and cleaning of the wading pool).
- Performs maintenance/janitorial duties including but not restricted to: change room/washroom cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, backwashing, chemical balancing, and pool fouling clean up.
- Current Bronze Cross and/or Wading Pool Attendant Certification.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions - New Employee Orientation (NEO) or Returning Employee Orientation (REO).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.