Job Summary: To coordinate the planning, direction and operation of Youth programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Coordinates the planning, direction and operation of Youth programs.
- Coordinates the selection, training, and direction of staff.
- Ensures that all equipment and supplies are available and meet safety standards.
- Performs set up and tear down of program area.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Oversees multiple sites at once.
- Assists in the promotion and evaluation of the program.
- Interacts with participants, parents, staff and public to provide program information.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and complies with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Post-Secondary education in recreation or related field or an approved combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with youth populations representing the range of diverse communities in the City of Toronto.
- Conflict Resolution Training.
- An asset Valid Class G Driver's license and use of a car.
- Knowledge of and experience working with diverse communities and equity-seeking groups (Women, People with Disabilities, GLBT, Race and Ethnic groups and Aboriginal.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.