Job Summary: To assist in the implementation of programs in the Franklin Children's Garden.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, recreation and various office equipment.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assists in the implementation of programs in the Franklin Children's Garden.
- Welcomes garden visitors.
- Maintains a tally of adults and children entering the garden daily.
- Provides information on all garden programs and special events.
- Promotes visiting storytellers and artists.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Interacts with the public and provides program information.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Experience in working with children 3-10 years of age.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.