Job Summary: To provide customer service, directions and general information regarding Toronto Island activities.
Machines and Equipment Used: Telephone, maps, and first aid kit.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Interacts with the public and provides information regarding Toronto Island activities.
- Guides the public to Island sites and activities.
- Hands out maps and various brochures about the Toronto Islands.
- Monitors inventory and stock control.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Full knowledge of all island picnic sites and rules and regulations.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.