Job Summary: To narrate the Toronto Island tram tours, lead designated walking and lighthouse tours.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, communication and various office equipment, maps, first aid kit.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Narrates the Toronto Island tram, walking, and lighthouse tours.
- Interacts with the public and provides program information.
- Conducts cash handling/balancing for the tram tours.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Adheres to safe operating policies and procedures of the Island tram and ensure passenger safety.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.