Job Summary: To oversee the Toronto Island's Tackle Share program and the sale of Ministry of Natural Resources fishing licences.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, first aid kit, fishing, recreation, boat, safety, communications and various office equipment.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees the Toronto Island's Tackle Share program and the sale of Ministry of Natural Resources fishing licences.
- Supports the sales, promotion, cash handling/balancing and administration of the Ministry of Natural Resources Fishing Licences.
- Performs administration tasks to support the program.
- Maintains fishing equipment inventory/control.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Previous experience with Fishing License sales.
- Pleasure Operators Card, ORCA, Port Authority Harbour license an asset.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.