Tram Driver TR0124
Job Summary: To drive tram along designated tour route on the Toronto Island.
Machines and Equipment Used: Tram vehicle, golf cart, tram maps, first aid kit and various office equipment.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Drives tram along designated tour route on the Toronto Island.
- Oversees the safe operations of the tram.
- Operates tram and provides customer service to riders.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Conducts vehicle inspection on a daily basis.
- Adheres to safe operating policies and procedures of the island tram and ensure passenger safety.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class "G" Driver's License (with "Z" endorsement), and must qualify for the City's Equipment operating permits and requirements.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.