Franklin Children's Garden Instructor TR0125
Job Summary: To develop, implement, and evaluate environmentally responsible and Eco friendly children's programs in the Franklin Children's Garden on Toronto Island.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit and recreation equipment.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Develops, implements, and evaluates environmentally responsible and Eco Friendly children's programs in the Franklin Children's Garden at Toronto Island.
- Instructs specialized custom designed programs for schools and day care centres.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Interacts with the public and provides program information.
- Assists with special events.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Organic gardening programming skills.
- Knowledge of Eco/Environmentally responsible activities for children under 10 years of age.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.