Job Summary: To provide customer service to rental patrons at the boathouse operation on Toronto Island.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, first aid kit, boat safety and recreation equipment.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides customer service to rental patrons at the boathouse operation on Toronto Island.
- Teaches safety procedures and boat handling for each patron.
- Informs boat renters about safety equipment, policies and procedures.
- Patrols lagoon system to ensure safe boating practices are being followed.
- Assists customers in selecting appropriate boats and equipment.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the operation.
- Performs cash handling/balancing.
- Monitors the safety of the patrons using the facility.
- Takes proactive steps to prevent incidents related to boating activities.
- Places boats in water for customer and removes/stores boat.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Must produce original current National Lifesaving Society Certification.
- Toronto Port Authority Harbour license, Pleasure craft Operators certificate, ORCA.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.