Ropes Challenge Course Program Staff TR0127
Job Summary: To promote, plan and implement the Toronto Island Ropes Challenge Course programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, rope course and recreation equipment.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Plans, implements and promotes the Toronto Island Ropes Challenge Course.
- Instructs programs on the Toronto Island Ropes Challenge Course.
- Designs programs for a wide variety of groups.
- Conducts daily course inspections and equipment checks.
- Ensures all waivers are signed before use of course.
- Ensures that both "experiential learning" and "challenge by choice" philosophies are adhered to.
- Assists Coordinator in promoting group bookings for revenue generation.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- CUI Levels 1 and 2 and course training.
- Current National Lifesaving Society, NLS Certification consider an asset.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.