Boathouse In-Charge TR0128
Job Summary: To oversee the daily boathouse rental operations on Toronto Island.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, first aid kit, various office, recreation, boat and safety equipment.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees the daily boathouse rental operations on Toronto Island.
- Teaches safety procedures and boat handling for each patron.
- Informs boat renters about safety equipment, policies and procedures to follow.
- Patrols lagoon system to ensure safe boating practices are being followed.
- Monitors the safety of the patrons using the facility.
- Takes proactive steps to prevent incidents related to boating activities.
- Assists customers in selecting appropriate boats and equipment.
- Performs cash handling/balancing.
- Interacts with the public and provides information regarding boat rentals.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the operation.
- Opens/closes and maintains boat rental operation.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Toronto Port Authority Harbour licence/ORCA/Pleasure craft Operators certificate.
- Must produce original current National Lifesaving Society NLS Certification.
- Experience in and ability to respond quickly and perform in emergency situations.
- Experience in strong public relations and communication skills.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.