Specialty Area Coordinator TR0129
Job Summary: To assist with the planning and staffing of all Toronto Island Recreation programs.
Machines and Equipment Used: Various office, communications and recreation equipment, cash register, first aid kit.
Season(s): Spring, Summer
District(s): Toronto and East York District District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Assists with the planning, staffing and implementation of Toronto Island Recreation Special programs.
- Plans, organizes and leads programs for participants.
- Assists in the selecting, training, directing and evaluating of part time staff.
- Provides on-site coordination and guidance to staff.
- Ensures that program facilities, equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Interacts with clients, staff, and the public to provide program information.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Experience developing, implementing, organizing and evaluating recreation programs and services related to specific program area (i.e. Camps, Wading Pools, Boathouse operations, Children's Garden, etc).
- Current NLS/Toronto Port Authority Harbour Licence/ORCA/CUI 2 or 3.
- Cash Handling/Balancing/Budgeting experience.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position. (i.e. CLASS Program Registration).
- Some positions may require current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Valid Province of Ontario, Class "G" Driver's License, and must qualify for the City's Equipment operating permits and requirements.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.