Job Summary: To provide swimming instruction, skill evaluation, supervision of the participants, accident prevention, rescue skills, public education and public relations.
Machines and Equipment Used: First aid kit, pool testing kit, recreation, rescue and various office equipment.
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Provides swimming instruction, skill evaluation, and supervision of the participants, accident prevention, rescue skills, public education and public relations.
- Plans, conducts and implements safe and educational swimming lessons.
- Ensures that the appropriate equipment is in place and operational and that the equipment is stored away after use.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Executes emergency procedures and uses safety/rescue equipment.
- Ensures compliance with Ontario Health Regulations and all relevant legislation and Policy and Procedures manuals.
- Performs tasks to support the program including report cards and worksheets.
- Performs maintenance/janitorial duties, including but not restricted to: change room/washroom cleaning and disinfecting, pool chemistry tests, vacuuming, backwashing, chemical balancing, and pool fouling clean up.
- Follows the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Current LSSC Swim & LSSC Lifesaving Instructor Awards (including Toronto Program Update).
- Current NLS.
- Must attend and successfully complete related mandatory and in-service training sessions - New Employee Orientation (NEO) or Returning Employee Orientation (REO).
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.