Job Summary: To design, promote and implement assigned specialized fitness classes within the guidelines of a recognized specialty fitness (Nia, Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, Qigong) certifying organization.
Machines and Equipment Used:
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Designs, promotes and implements specialized fitness classes within the guidelines of a recognized specialty fitness (Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, Qigong) certifying organization.
- Plans, organizes and instructs safe and enjoyable group specialty fitness classes for all ages and abilities.
- Sets-up and takes-down all necessary equipment for the class.
- Reports any incidents/accidents and/or areas of concern to supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains attendance, fitness passes and memberships.
- Interacts with staff, participants and the public to provide program information.
- Ensures safe use, condition and storage of equipment.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Valid certification in one or more of: Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi or Qigong.
- Experience in planning and implementing a wide variety of fitness classes for all ages and abilities.
- Technical knowledge of fitness and wellness.
- Must produce original current First Aid certification (Emergency or Standard) as recognized by the WSIB.
- Degree or Diploma in Physical Education/Health, Fitness & Wellness would be an asset.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.