Preschool & Children Area/Multi Program Coordinator - TR0053
Job Summary: To oversee the planning, direction and administration of multiple programs for preschoolers (0-5 years) and/or children (6-12 years) in a variety of locations.
Machines and Equipment Used: Cash register, safe, Point of Sale, training, communications, recreation, pool testing, first aid kits and various office equipment.
Season(s): Fall, Winter
District(s): All District map (pdf)
Wage: View wage rate chart (pdf)
- Oversees the planning, direction and administration of multiple programs for preschoolers and/or children.
- Assists in the selection, training, direction and evaluation of program leaders.
- Oversees multiple programs staff/locations, and provides direction to staff.
- Assists in the evaluation of programs and make recommendations.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Ensures program facilities, equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Assists in the publicity and promotion of the programs.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Liaises with caregivers and responds to inquiries.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Progressively more responsible Senior PT staff experience coordinating recreation programs
- Working knowledge of City of Toronto Policies and Procedures related to preschool and childrens programs.
- Experience developing, implementing, evaluating and interviewing staff for recreation programs for all age groups in a variety of programs.
- Experience instructing a variety of early years and children's recreation programs.
- Registered Early Childhood Educator in good standing, Child and Youth Work or related diploma/certification and/or equivalent working experience.
- Valid "G" Drivers license and use of properly insured automobile may be required.
- Previous experience as a program coordinator an asset.
- Proficiency in use of office technology and computer applications relevant to the position; ie CLASS program registration, Point of Sale, word processing.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- You must possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). Applicants who meet all other qualifications and obtain a conditional job offer will be advised of PHCD course offerings in order to meet this qualification.